Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brand New Rick Steves episode of Oslo!



While I was in Oslo this summer, Rick Steves was filming a new season, including a just-aired episode about the fjords and one about Oslo. I almost cried with nostaligic longing as I watched on my new DVD. Rick went to so many of the places we went with the Oslo University College program including the new harbor, the fortress, opera house, Vigeland sculpture park, viking ship museum, folk museum, National Gallery, Munch Museum, ferry rides on the Oslo fjord, and even the cemetary by our dorm in St. Hanshaugen . . . and the quaint, hill leading down through Akers River park towards trendy Grünerløkka, where we always walked to visit our other classmates. What a wonderful compliment to our special time there! In just 3 weeks, Oslo felt like home and I hope to spend more time living there one day. Rick Steves inspired my travel philosophy, I wove his words throughout proposal, and I ran into him in Helsinki during the second part of my fellowship. So cool. Thanks Rick! And thanks to the Philosophers for the wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment