Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Education Department closed

The city of Helsinki education department is closed, so I am unable to meet with any teachers or to visit any classes.  I have also contacted the university, but that appears to be closed as well.  I am disappointed that I can not conduct that part of my research, although the city has a lot of culture to explore.

Unlike in Oslo, though, where I was with a large international community -- it's harder to meet people here.  Usually I can meet people in the hostels, but this hostel doesn't have that kind of vibe.  People are typically going their own ways, and nobody is really hanging out and chatting in common areas.  Once I take care of my money situation, I'll see what else I can learn today and share that information.  I am going to take a city tour to get better oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment