Monday, July 12, 2010

SPAIN! :)

Spain won the World Cup!  Congrats!

We watched and celebrated at the outdoor cafe by the fountain again.   There were Spaniards in their underwear in the fountain tonight (not my friends though) and all kinds of fun events post victory. I learned some cheers "Campaone, Campaone, Ole, Ole, Ole . . ." I think that's how it goes. We cheered and celebrated in the streets. I stopped by my mother's hotel room, and they had watched the entire game and knew we won. Aunt Minnie mentioned that she had a crush on the player, Torres (nice choice). They were surprised I didn't stay out later to celebrate, but my cell phone had died and I was worried they would be worried that I didn't stop by as promised. It was a good thing, too -- because I realized I left my dorm keys there.


It was a great international party, and I was happy to be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment